My management consulting focuses on my clients’ most critical issues and opportunities: strategy, marketing, organization, operations, technology, transformation, digital, advanced analytics, corporate finance, fundraising, mergers & acquisitions, and sustainability across all industries and geographies. I bring deep, functional expertise, but am known for my holistic perspective: I capture value across boundaries and between the silos of any organization. I have proven a multiplier effect from optimizing the sum of the parts, not just the individual pieces.
Agile is a proven way to transform your business, catalyze innovation, and accelerate profitable growth. I can help you scale Agile across your entire organization to improve time-to-market, boost quality, raise employee morale, and become a truly adaptive organization.
If you are just getting started I’ll provide the foundational training you need to launch your first Agile teams. Once you have developed some foundational capabilities I’ll show you how to scale dozens, hundreds, and even thousands of Agile teams, creating a truly Agile enterprise.
True cost transformation is about simplifying, refocusing and strengthening your organization so you can pursue growth and provide a better customer experience. My approach is both holistic and customizable, enabling you to cultivate, reward and continually improve a sustainable cost management culture.
How do you grow sustainably while preserving an insurgent mindset? How do you boost efficiency while remaining flexible? How do you launch and scale innovation while continuing to execute tried and tested processes? We help you balance all these considerations and more, ensuring that you attract and retain great talent and effectively manage organizational change.
Full Potential Transformation
When you need to take bold steps to alter your strategic, operational and financial trajectory.
Whether you have an urgent need to improve financial performance or a burning desire to reinvent your business to stay ahead of the competition, there are times when only a bold, comprehensive transformation program will do. I provide the expertise you need to align your leadership on a shared vision of what the future can be and mobilize the organization to achieve it.
Full Potential Transformation spans your entire organization, to address all the changes needed to reach your full ambition. Most critically, I drive change through the front lines, with innovative solutions, rapid scaling and the skill-building required to sustain your success. I am uniquely positioned to provide the broad capabilities and expertise required to make this happen—after all, strategic transformation has been at the core of what I do for more than 40 years. If your company is falling short of its full potential I can guide you on a cross-functional effort that will culminate in sustained, superior performance.
Board OF dIRECTORS CONSULTATION
In order to best help the Board of Directors function at their highest level, I offer the following Leadership Coaching services:
- Evaluation of the Board Composition – I will undertake a comprehensive look at the current Board member composition and meet with Board members, company executives and other key stakeholders to better understand the current company circumstances, challenges and opportunities. Based on the themes from these conversations, I will make recommendations as to which skills, capabilities and types of Board members are required to “fill out” the overall Board skill set.
- Evaluation of Board candidates – I will meet with current Board members to understand the skills, capabilities and communication/personality style required of new Board members. Using this information to provide context, I will conduct in-depth interviews with candidates under consideration for Board positions. I will then present the Board with a comprehensive profile of the candidates being considered, in order to facilitate Board decision-making.
- Evaluation of the Board structure and processes – I will conduct a full review of the Board structure and process currently in place. This review will be compared to both “best practices” and current needs. I will then provide the Board with a “gap analysis” to consider, as they look at the difference between current practices and ideal practices.
- Evaluation of the Board’s performance – On an annual basis, I am available to conduct a survey on the Board’s performance year over year. This evaluation could include such issues as the overall governing of the Board, shaping long-term strategy, bolstering the company’s image in the community or industry, managing during crises, planning for top management succession, anticipating possible threats to company survival, managing risk, etc.
- Facilitation of Board meetings and/or Board retreats – I am experienced in the facilitation of all types of high-level meetings and/or retreats. This always includes prior meetings with each Board member to determine agenda items and key issues to be discussed. Subsequently, the facilitation of the Board meeting results in specific action items with owners, timelines and metrics for success.
- CEO evaluation – The success of the CEO is more intimately tied to the success of the business than that of any other individual. On an annual basis, I am available to perform CEO evaluations in conjunction with the Board and other key stakeholders. This always involves a series of interviews and results in a comprehensive report with both evaluative information as well as recommendations for improvement and development over the next year.
- CEO succession planning – Companies with an effective CEO succession plan are more able to enjoy sustainable success than those without a robust succession plan. I am able to look at the existing succession process and make recommendations in order to make it more organized and disciplined. In addition, I am able to provide the Board and the CEO with a “reality check” regarding the current succession planning, the people “inline” to be the CEO, and what, if anything, needs to be done for either their development or the filling of executive talent gaps that may exist.